- St Andrew's
You are here
St Andrew's has a comprehensive Risk Management Policy and this requires the organisers of those activities and events that are not covered by normal regular risk assessments of the Church Centre to undertake an adequate risk assessment and, if necessary, put in place appropriate risk mitigation steps and get them agreed before the event can take place. This is a simple and straight forward process, but needs to be undertaken in the following time frames:
- For St Andrew’s related events these risk assessments must be undertaken at least 2 weeks before the event and sent to the PCC Secretary for approval by the PCC (as they decide appropriate) before the event can take place. Until this approval is given, the event cannot take place.
- For externally organised events, these risk assessments must be undertaken at least 2 weeks before the event and sent to the Bookings Secretary for approval (low risk), the Wardens & Incumbent (medium risk) and PCC (high risk). Until this approval is given, the event cannot take place.
- An Excel workbook that enables you to record the results of your risk assessment in a simple and straight forward manner.
- For those not familiar with using Excel, there is also a Word version available. However this does not automate the calculations for you.
- Worked examples using the above can be found on the relevant pages.
- In January 2017 we held hands-on workshops in the Church Centre to take you through the process. If you'd like to repeat of these worshops, please e-mail email@example.com to let us know.